ZEBEDEE is a payment platform for virtual worlds. We build software developer kits to enable true in-game commerce using globally interoperable digital value protocols. Virtual worlds need the native currency of the internet. With one foot in the gaming industry and another in Fintech – we bridge the divide to the next payment frontier. Come and join us!
Global video gaming and interactive media is a $100bn revenue industry growing at 10%+ per annum, driven by microtransactions. ZEBEDEE allows new types of monetisation models for both game developers and gamers. We are not just another payment service provider. We are building the infrastructure that will enable new types of behaviours and activities in gaming environments using Bitcoin as the payment rail.
We are looking for an App Team Lead Engineer to lead the App team in the ZEBEDEE Engineering department. ZBD products need to be performant, reliable, secure, responsive, and accessible. As the App Team Lead Engineer you will oversee the architectural and core decisions made by other Engineers in the App Team, as well as ensure the team is following industry best practices. As Team Lead you will be helping manage and direct the building of user experiences that ZBD Gamers and Gamer Developers consume on a daily basis.
Responsibilities will be variable and will depend on the specific project currently being worked on, but will typically include:
- Develop and maintain both internal and client-facing applications available in the ZEBEDEE suite of products.
- Work closely, manage, and oversee other Engineers to help further scale and improve upon the user interfaces of products and services in the platform.
- Take ownership over the technical direction of applications.
- Create and maintain application-wide testing suites, ensuring maximum reliability of the feature-set.
- Create and maintain UI component systems and write concise, well-organized code and sensible tests.
- Work to solve several technical challenges: ease-of-use, security and privacy, analytics, re-architecting for the future, etc.,
- Work alongside ZEBEDEE Product Designers to ensure we only ship the best user interfaces to customers.
- Work closely with the Bitcoin/Lightning Network team to help provide best user-interfaces for transaction handling and monitoring.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience developing production digital products incorporating testing, and monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency in styling systems and solutions like Sass, Styled Components, and CSS-in-JS.
- Experience working alongside backend application developers to interface with internal APIs.
- Experience writing readable, maintainable code accompanied by thoughtful tests.
- Ability to learn and integrate 3rd Party SDKs or APIs on the go.
- You are self-driven and self-motivated.
- Previous experience building UI component systems/libraries.
- Experience working on and automating UI testing suites (component and end-to-end).
- Knowledge of, and experience working with Bitcoin and Lightning Network software.
- Experience building automated systems for improving team-wide performance and development velocity.
- Experience with browser extension frameworks.
- React / React Native
- Babel / ESLint / Webpack
- Flow / Jest / Enzyme
- LND / Bitcoin Core
Competitive with employee stock option bonuses.
Decentralized / Remote Environment
ZEBEDEE is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000
Related Jobs (25)
Neuromotor Interfaces: Computational Modeling (PhD) on December 13, 2021 Full Time