Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
We’re growing our fully distributed, global team. As a Business Analyst at Status, you’d be responsible for enabling & driving change. Including mapping existing processes & workflows, helping design improved ones; as well as developing an understanding of our strategic direction, challenges and project goals.
Working with interdisciplinary teams to ensure processes are accurately gathered and translated, you would also assist with the design of new processes and solve process-related problems. As a remote first org with diverse teams, your communication should be flawless; both in-person and via written exchanges.
- Create documentation (business rules, as is/to be flows, drawing up requirements, data configuration, use cases, user stories, functional specs)
- Facilitating process redesign workshops that involve eliciting process requirements and liaising with users
- Build the list of data and information for workflow automation
- Work across each function and with our leaders to define and document Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) models
- Monitoring and measuring the process performance, providing dashboards and reports
- Unearth and highlight delivery blockers and find ways to automate/streamline existing processes
- Facilitate collaboration between areas to gain acceptance of the process changes and complete assigned tasks by the target dates
You will bring:
- 3+ years experience in an operational role at a tech company or consulting firm
- Min. Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related area (or equivalent work experience)
- Fluency in creation of documentation (business rules, as is/to be flows, requirements, data configuration, use cases, functional specs)
- Solid experience with Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) models.
- Ability to work at both strategic and operational levels with an ability to contextualise the fine details within the bigger picture
- Excellent skills in building trust and relationships with the teams to enable change and deliver value
- Ability to work in a dynamic, async environment and handle multiple projects at once.
- Detail oriented, analytical, inquisitive and solution-oriented personality with a can-do attitude
- A skilled communicator and negotiator
- A strong alignment to our principles
Bonus points if:
- Preferably you have experience with Agile working and LEAN/Six Sigma. Certification in this area is an advantage.
- You have understanding of the Blockchain ecosystem, with an interest and curiosity to learn more
- Experience working in a collaborative, start-up environment
- Experience working for an open source organization
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
Paid in local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location, plus a grant of Status Network Tokens. More info on SNT here. For more information regarding benefits at Status click here.
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with our People Ops team
- Interview with Manuchehr from Portfolio Performance & Governance
- Interview with Ruslan, Status’ CFO
- Technical Assessment (if required)
- Interview with Jarrad/Carl, Status Co-Founders
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for the new Business Analyst (you?) to join us as soon as possible.
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000
Related Jobs (3)
AR/VR Research Engineer on December 9, 2021 Full Time
Data Scientist, Product Analytics – Assistant AI on December 9, 2021 Full Time
Product Experience Analyst on December 7, 2021 Full Time