We are looking for a Business Development Associate / Manager to lead partnerships with centralized and decentralized exchanges. The key priority of this role is simple: Ensure there is a healthy and liquid market for interBTC and other Interlay network tokens, as well as versatile investment opportunities for end-users and institutions.
Your goal is to achieve this by getting our network tokens (governance tokens and wrapped BTC assets) listed on centralized and decentralized exchanges, and integrated into other DeFi protocols, such as lending markets and stablecoins. As opposed to traditional sales roles, your mission is to increase the value of the decentralized network and represent interests of token holders, rather than maximizing revenue for Interlay Ltd.
You are the perfect candidate if you can execute on key value drivers, manage multiple, complex relationships, and understand the exchange business model. You must be highly organized, self-managed and comfortable in negotiating deals, in both formal and informal (DeFi) settings. Being a “crypto-native” is not required, but you must understand the dynamics of cryptocurrency space on a macro level.
What you will do
- Establish and manage strategic / listing partnerships with exchanges, crypto-banks and other institutional crypto players
- Develop relations with DeFi protocols and facilitate integrations with interBTC and other Interlay network tokens
- Negotiate and manage deals with market makers and liquidity providers
- Coordinate with the tech and marketing teams on timelines and relevant communications with our partners
- 3+ years successful track record in an institutional account/relationship management role in the financial/crypto sector
- Experience in financial services, fintech, investments, and/or crypto exchanges
- Good understanding of the blockchain ecosystem
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written English communication skills, including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, communications, and engineering
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a small team
Nice to have
- Having worked at a crypto exchange or DeFi protocol is a strong positive (but not a must)
- Additional languages, such as Chinese or Russian are a plus
- Experience with agile processes
We are an early-stage blockchain startup, envisioning a future anyone can use any digital asset on any blockchain, trustless and without limitations. Our flagship product is interBTC – a 1:1 Bitcoin-backed asset, collateralized, interoperable, and censorship-resistant. interBTC enables everyone to invest, earn and pay with BTC on any blockchain, realizing the true free nature of Bitcoin and decentralized finance.
We are a team of 20 (and growing), distributed globally across Europe (primary time zone), North America, and Asia.
We live decentralization and transparency. We’re 100% remote, all our code is open source, our products are community-owned and backed by top-tier research. We are dedicated contributors to advancing Bitcoin & blockchain tech since 2015 and believe in the potential of a community-owned financial system, through hype and FUD.
- Research-oriented team
- Solve novel problems
- Stock options
- Remote working
- 30-day vacation
- Allowance for a co-working space
- Yearly retreat
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000