Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Want to build the future of the Internet? Akash Network is developing the world’s first and only decentralized cloud computing marketplace, enabling any data center to become a cloud provider by offering unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace.
As more of our work and play moves to the cloud, we are materializing the vision of the first decentralized cloud in an industry projected to reach $370 billion by 2022. Join the team enabling the builders of the future with greater access and freedom to expand the human experience. Our team includes renowned opensource and blockchain developers and seasoned experts from leading technology and platform companies.
We are a distributed and growing team, and you will find more ownership, flexibility, and freedom at Akash than at other companies. We offer a competitive salary, remote work, unlimited vacation, and unparalleled growth opportunities at the intersection of blockchain, cloud, and Web 3.0.
We are looking for a Community Events Manager who is excited about blockchain and passionate about educating people on transformative new cloud technologies.
As Akash Network’s first Community Events Manager, you will host online and offline events, manage sponsorships and create experiences that engage our current community and branch into new ones. You will develop event content that drives product awareness and adoption. You will be a community ambassador working closely with our Product, Developer Relations and Marketing teams to inform and speak on behalf of our community and our company.
- Work alongside the Akash Developer Relations, Marketing and Business Development teams to plan, manage and execute Akash events
- Support regional community team member events
- Negotiate and manage event sponsorships
- Develop and manage events budget and invoicing
- Manage event stakeholders; speakers, partners, vendors, informed parties
- Coordinate with designers on event promotional graphics and swag creation
- Develop and implement event attendee feedback surveys
- Create and share monthly and quarterly event reports
- Brainstorm and implement new event opportunities and concepts that drive business results
- Support overall department strategy to execute world-class events
- 3+ years of related marketing experience
- Proven experience managing offline and online events (meetups, conferences, hackathons, live streams, AMAs and Twitter Spaces)
- Proficiency in various event software, such as Eventbrite, Meetup Pro, ReStream, YouTube Studio, Twitch and Mailchimp
- Comfortable giving direction to C-Level Executives, speakers, vendors and all other event stakeholders
- Excellent copywriting skills with an eye for visual design
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities, while maintaining a strong focus on execution and deadlines
- Previous experience as an event manager in the crypto/cloud industry
- Understanding of blockchain/crypto/cloud technologies
- Experience in public speaking, online and offline event moderation
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000