Community Manager at ForeVR
ForeVR Games is a VR gaming startup of industry vets from EA, GLU, Zynga and the Walt Disney Company and is based in California. Starting with the release of the hit game ForeVR Bowl on the Oculus store, we’re on track to deliver more titles in 2021. We’re headquartered in the Los Angeles area but we’re a distributed team with members around the world. We’re looking to add a Marketing Artist to our growing team.
Role of a Community Manager at ForeVR
You enjoy building positive communities and engaging players. You’re excited by the challenges of growing a VR gaming community, from tackling the motivations of the unique ‘Quest gamer’ to finding the right ways to connect our titles to the community in a unique space. You’ve always got your finger on the pulse with great ideas for events and features to better engage the player base and drive retention. You’ve built and executed social media campaigns to not only engage existing players, but leverage social channels to drive new user acquisition.
Sounds exciting? Take a look at the requirements below!
- Work with our marketing team to define the voice of our games and brand.
- Develop social media/community strategies and best practices across various social media channels (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, etc).
- Work closely with support to ensure players can easily engage with support/help center content and resources.
- Grow and engage our players by creating social strategies unique to player types and platforms.
- Manage day to day social media campaigns and scheduling including content sourcing.
- Work with production/live ops to coordinate events, in and out of the games.
- Work with marketing and product to amplify relevant content and in-game moments.
- Understand user behaviors and how to market to them effectively.
- Communicate directly with users via social media channels. Partner with support to direct and respond to questions, engage in conversation, and connect with key influencers by being the voice of ForeVR Games.
- Manage and amplify output of content creators and help identify new potential partners.
- Partner with Customer Support on social media strategy, user messaging to influence effective and efficient handling of user inquiries.
- Uses social media intelligence to correctly interpret, document, and report what our community thinks. Including minority community sentiments and topic analysis/breakdowns across the entire digital ecosystem.
- 5+ years of managing social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit) and community platforms (Discord).
- Confidence to self start and find opportunities to iterate on current programs.
- Experience working in gaming in a community facing role.
- Strong ability to write clear, engaging and cohesive messaging with target audience in mind.
- Analytical capabilities to measure and understand how social campaigns deliver impact to broader business/marketing objectives.
- Ability to work individually and with cross-functional teams to develop campaigns and drive results.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to engage and motivate an online community.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Great eye for high-quality impactful content.
- Understanding of best practice social, digital, content and channel marketing.
Great to Have:
- Familiarity with casual games.
- Passion for VR and emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Experience with virtual reality platforms (Oculus, PC VR, PSVR)
- Experience with current marketing tools: Sprout Social, Mailchimp, Typeform
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000