Everybody and their mother working on blockchains loves the word “decentralization”. On a broad, world-changing scale, we can all agree that it’s important. Yet, when we zoom into the specifics of how to build this decentralized world, we find many diverse approaches. Whether it’s defi, identity, art, healthcare, or anything in between, a single dependency unites each dream for the future: scalability.
We are building the critical infrastructure to address this need. Optimism is an extension to Ethereum that scales both its technology and philosophy. Not only do we enable orders of magnitude more performance, we’re also doubling down on Ethereum’s values as a public good, never to be captured by private commercial interests. Ethereum will enable the greatest change in human coordination since the birth of the internet, and Optimism is here to bring it to the masses.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Communicate a deep understanding of the OΞ vision to our developers, end-users, & partners – the Optimistic Ethereum community and the larger Ethereum community itself
- Manage and engage the community through Discord, Twitter, our blog, and any other mediums
- Support early Optimism developers and end-users through both 1:1 help and group tutorials, guiding people to the right docs or the right community members to solve their problems
- Create engaging workshops, conferences, meet-ups, and other social ways of engaging with the OE and larger Ethereum communities
- Establish and grow Optimism community ambassador program
- Assess the Optimism user experience and work with the team to improve it
- Foster healthy and collaborative culture within the community
What skills do you bring?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills — can clearly explain technical concepts to a lay audience
- Blockchain and Ethereum knowledge necessary
- Deep empathy for both the Optimism community and those not yet a part of it
- Comfortable with highly technical documents and writing – you don’t have to an engineer, but need to be able to understand the technical documentation enough to help others navigate it
- Discord guru with good general social media and content production experience
- Desire to bring Optimism’s technology and culture to the next wave of crypto users
What will you like about us?
- Providing the product management input to solving groundbreaking problems in computer science
- Working with a world-class team developing a technically challenging product critical to scaling Ethereum
- Fully remote, deeply engaged, highly skilled, and yet really FUN team environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000