In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. Mixed Reality is a growing team of Content Preofessionals putting technology on a human path across all devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe Mixed Reality technology empowers every person and organization to achieve more. If you do too, we need you!
We are looking for a Content Designer with a passion for mixed reality products. A love for learning and teaching others, with adaptability and growth mindset will enable the evolution of the next generation of computing.
Our goal as the Mixed Reality Content & Learning team is to influence customer and device adoption across a range of developers, IT pros, and end users.
Our passion lies in creating an approachable, inclusive customer journey that highlights the portfolio of MR products – across Mesh, HoloLens, AltspaceVR, Windows Mixed Reality, and Azure mixed reality services.
- Bring consumer and commercial product experiences to life and develop paradigms that unify Microsoft’s mixed reality software, hardware, and services
- Conceptualize and develop innovative content visualizations
- Rapidly prototype concepts to demonstrate your design
- Create design assets and documentation against the work you do
- Collaborate with cross-discipline peers to solve technical and creative problems
- Help define, live, and champion our best practices
- Demonstrate and communicate clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication, and professionalism with the team
- Work with designers, producers, and developers to define and meet key milestones as well as create task lists and work estimates
- Be a positive and creative force in the team
- BA/BFA in 3D Design, Communication design, Interaction design, or equivalent industry experience
- Understanding of how your designs conform to responsive UI/UX methodologies
- Experience creating rapid prototypes to demonstrate the functionality of your design
- Experience creating sample apps and design documentation against the work you do
- A deep understanding of the entire 3D spatial development process
- Design user interface systems or experiences that support multi-modal inputs
- Experience in the following areas of User Experience design: Accessibility, Eye Tracking, Gesture, and Voice
- Experience designing a game experience or user interface in a 3D, Virtual, or Augmented Reality product that has shipped
- 2+ years’ interaction and/or game design experience to create interactive experiences, apps, or data visualizations
- 2+ years’ experience in conceptualizing and/or developing innovative controls & patterns that work across 0D, 2D, and 3D experiences
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Offered Salary0- $45,000