Immunefi exists to protect the future of money. Immunefi is Web3’s last line of defense and leading bug bounty platform, preventing catastrophic hacks before user funds are stolen. Our team is highly specialized, so we’re looking for talented people who are willing to jump right in and use their expertise to help us protect Web3. If you’re looking to join a fast paced, problem solving environment at the very core of decentralized finance, then read on.
Why we need a Content Writer
The purpose behind the role of content writer is to increase brand awareness, brand status, and provide educational resources to upskill our whitehat hackers, so that they can report more valid, critical vulnerabilities.
As the content writer, your role is to formulate, expand, edit, and execute stories and content from concept to draft. You work closely with Jonah, who is the Content Lead, in brainstorming and determining which are the highest-value-ideas to work on each week. You will write most pieces from scratch, but you will also help to edit/source the work of other contributors in some cases, like postmortems of bugs that are fixed and paid. You will also occasionally edit small videos and design featured images for articles as part of our broader marketing apparatus. Here are some types of content we cover:
- Bugfix postmortems (https://bit.ly/3fpwosZ)
- Security educational content (https://bit.ly/3A7C1Ws)
- Longform journalism about heroic saves in Web3 (https://bit.ly/3flVOI6)
- Stories and interviews with prominent whitehats (https://bit.ly/31XR8VC)
- Partnerships (https://bit.ly/3Gw2Iqa)
- Guides (https://bit.ly/3qqhc5h)
- Persuasive, motivational content (https://bit.ly/3quWdyl)
- Trends, developments, and thinkpieces about Web3 and the crypto industry, e.g. (https://bit.ly/3Kc5EKz)
To succeed in this role:
You must take into account the recent happenings in crypto (it is good to have a Twitter account), as well as the context of how each piece bolsters the overall value-generating activities of Immunefi (ask questions and make sure you understand the overall business model and goals of the company). You must have an eye for good stories and content about Web3 and Web3 security.
You must be able to communicate with fluency and clarity of language, while keeping in mind the underlying ethos and broad objectives of Immunefi that fit into the ecosystem of Web3—which includes security, safety, and peace of mind for users and projects alike.
Areas of responsibility
- Edit postmortems written by more technical-minded team members, rewriting them with slightly more natural language, ensuring narrative flow, and grammatical correctness.
- Brainstorm stories/content and come up with your own ideas of what to write at the beginning of each week. Not all of your ideas will be good, but your ability to be creative and explore fresh angles while understanding the needs and wants of the industry are critical here.
- Once a topic has been chosen, write an outline and then expand that outline on your own into paragraphs with a clear flow suiting its function (e.g. persuasive paragraphs for a persuasive piece, clear step-by
-step instructions for an instructional/explainer piece, etc.).
- Design featured image graphics for the articles you write
- Edit basic marketing videos for Twitter or YouTube channel
- Identify and develop relationships with freelance writers (scouting for talent from industry sources) who would contribute content on a contract basis for Immunefi
Skills and traits
- Systems thinker – As a designer we expect you to think in systems and understand how your designs fit into a larger whole and develop
- Adjustable (can work anytime)
- Responsible (for your own deadlines, work/life boundaries, and well-being)
- Initiative (does own research on own time, talks to team members and generates relationships with them)
- Web3 Native (has used dApps and crypto-wallets/exchanges, stays plugged in to crypto news, understands the context of how things work in Web3 such as borrowing, stalking, and flash loans)
- Bonus: Solidity/Web3 security knowledge is not expected, but would be a huge bonus!
- Be able to write English in a natural manner that is appealing and appropriate for native English speakers/readers
- Experience working with/for DAOs is a plus
- Any form of technical or academic research writing experience may be considered—particularly if it includes condensing a difficult or complex subject matter into layman terms
- Copywriting/Advertising/Marketing experience could also be considered (depending on type and quality of work)
- Passion for Blockchain/Crypto/Web3/DeFi and a desire to work in this new and innovative space
- Some experience and familiarity in editing with Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Premiere
- Some experience producing quality graphics in ‘crypto aesthetic’ style
What we offer
- 100% remote-first work environment, flexible schedule
- Autonomous work environment with trusting, smart, reliable team members
- An opportunity to be building an early-stage company in a dynamically evolving market and industry
- An opportunity to build your own path in the company as we continue to evolve and grow
- A global market (it’s fun to meet people from all over the world every day!)
- A chance to make impact and participate in building and securing the ecosystem for smart contracts and the future of money (we’re protecting over $100B in user funds)
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000