Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
To own the administration of sales in accordance with company policies and best practices while delivering high quality client service and work with the Chief of Staff, GM and Executive Sponsors to ensure that sales are administered in accordance with company policy, reinforcing the need to provide exemplary client service.
- Manage sellers and their property through pre and after-sale process for Auction Sales, in accordance with sale administration calendars
- Facilitate compliant inbound shipments to meet catalogue deadlines
- Liaise and partner with post sales, payment teams and other areas of operations to manage consignments end-to-end
- Attend coordinator trainings and group meetings to stay on top of developments and process changes within operations.
- Work with legal, compliance, tax, experts and BDs on pre-sale issues (including changes to Sale Agreement, client complaints, IC, TA, VAT) to manage contracts and terms of sale.
- Conduct pre-sale reviews with the Chief of Staff, GM and business managers and escalate concerns as appropriate
- Ensure financial transactions comply with corporate governance
- Work with Experts, Compliance and Shipping to ensure each lot is compliant; track all outstanding compliance issues and ensure they are resolved according to catalogue and sale deadlines
- Ensure catalogue data is accurate and recorded in a timely way.
- Work with other business areas to respond to client enquiries, resolve client issues and execute client transactions to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Coordinate post auction transactions including post auction sales, account adjustments and cancelled sales
- Complete Purchase Order forms and obtain authorization prior to ordering goods
- Ensure rebillables are charged correctly and respond to Finance queries regarding department parked aged documents
- Arrange buyer external services, in conjunction with post-sale services
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Good communication and client service skills.
- Excellent organisational skills including ability to multitask and prioritize
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, Outlook
- Previous administrative or relevant experience at Sotheby’s is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required and preferably one other European language.
Related Jobs (6)
Silicon Partnership Manager on December 13, 2021 Full Time
Senior Program Manager – Mixed Reality on December 11, 2021 Full Time
GM Mixed Reality on December 11, 2021 Full Time
Community Manager on December 10, 2021 Full Time Remote
Business Development Executive on December 10, 2021 Full Time Remote
TPM Manager, Spark AR on December 9, 2021 Full Time