Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum and Jake Adams, Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company and driving force in the creation of digital identities that can be used across platforms. The company is setting the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars in society and culture through its internationally renowned Avatar Agency and SDK partnerships. With investors such as NEA (Rick Yang), Bond (Mary Meeker), Breyer Capital, CAA, Tull Investment Group, NetEase, Coinbase Ventures and Dapper Labs, Genies is creating a network of platforms and marketplaces where virtual identities lead the way in digital communication, connection, commercialization, and monetization. To date, the technology has been used by the likes of Gucci, FritoLay, GIPHY, Offset, Justin Bieber and many more.
Genies is looking for a Creative Coordinator t o join our team to help lead the creative executions for the biggest celebrities and IP holders in the world. The creative team is responsible for the ideation and execution of forward leaning and virtual-identity-building storytelling through the form of avatars, avatar activations, avatar wearables (virtual fashion) and more. Whether it’s a short-form content piece to help launch Justin Bieber’s upcoming album, a virtual performance in Decentraland or a collection of avatar wearables commemorating Kevin Durant’s MVP season, this role will be in the driver’s seat of curating culture and defining what it looks like in Web3. As the metaverse continues to grow and Genies leads the way at the forefront of virtual identity, we’re looking for visionaries to help create and tell the right stories – all while emphasizing true and authentic expression.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborating with a small creative team or “writers room” to ideate around and build virtual identities, activations, avatar wearables and more
- Helping Lead creative executions for celebrity talent, IP partners, brands, and the Genies brand as a whole
- Curating wearable collections to memorialize and define culture’s biggest moments
- Collaborating with all art departments – concept, animation, rigging and compositing teams throughout the creative process to execute the ideas
- Crafting unique narratives and strategy for talent and IP activations to help them build what their virtual identity should look like, feel like and act like in web3
- Proactively working on larger storytelling and initiatives for talent, IP partners and Genies
What You Should Have
- An all-around knack for creative expression, as you’ll be leading executions for content, wearables, and other unique activations
- Knowledge and understanding of the latest visual content types and strategies
- Strong interest in and knowledge of various aspects of culture: streetwear, Gen Z, music, NFTs, etc
- An extremely high attention to detail
- Experience and a passion for creative storytelling – through any medium
- Ability to creatively collaborate with others and also on your own
- Basic skills in Adobe Creative Suite (or similar programs): Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, etc.
Here’s Why You’ll Love Working At Genies
- You’ll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You’ll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You’ll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space – there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Related Jobs (52)
Neuromotor Interfaces: Computational Modeling (PhD) on December 13, 2021 Full Time