ZEBEDEE is a payment platform for virtual worlds. We build software developer kits to enable true in-game commerce using globally interoperable digital value protocols. Virtual worlds need the native currency of the internet. With one foot in the gaming industry and another in Fintech – we bridge the divide to the next payment frontier. Come and join us!
Global video gaming and interactive media is a $100bn revenue industry growing at 10%+ per annum, driven by microtransactions. ZEBEDEE allows new types of monetisation models for both game developers and gamers. We are not just another payment service provider. We are building the infrastructure that will enable new types of behaviours and activities in gaming environments using Bitcoin as the payment rail.
ZEBEDEE platform handles the processing of millions of Bitcoin nanotransactions in virtual gaming environments. With all this data, the Data Analytics team is looking for talented Data Architects to help us manage business critical data leveraged across the entire organization. If you are data curious, excited about designing data pipelines, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in data engineering and analytics to help us scale while maintaining correct and complete data. You’ll be working with a variety of internal teams across Engineering, Product, and Business Development to help them solve their data needs. Your work will provide teams with visibility into how ZEBEDEE’s products are being used and how we can better serve our customers.
Responsibilities will be variable and will depend on the specific project currently being worked on, but will typically include:
- Identify data needs for Engineering, Business, and Product teams, understand their specific requirements for metrics and analysis, and build efficient and scalable data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions.
- Design, develop, and own data pipelines and models that power internal analytics for product and business teams.
- Help the Data Analytics team apply and generalize statistical and econometric models on large datasets.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources, develop relationships with other engineering teams to manage our data structures as the ZEBEDEE platform and suite of products evolve.
- Develop strong subject matter expertise and manage the SLAs for those data pipelines.
- Build data pipelines that track our marketing funnel from visits to onboarding to active usage of ZEBEDEE applications.
- Improve our data visualization tooling and platform at ZEBEDEE to help the team create dynamic tools and reporting.
- Experience working alongside other engineers to learn and interact with platform databases and APIs.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role, with a focus on building data pipelines or conducting data intensive analysis.
- Experience developing data models.
- Able to recognize the need for a specific relational design – OLTP, OLAP, Data Warehouse – from a set of requirements.
- Proficient with PostgreSQL and one or more ETL tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Math, Sciences, Engineering).
- Inquisitive nature in diving into data inconsistencies to pinpoint issues.
- You are self-driven and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with Bitcoin and Lightning Network software.
- AWS Cloud Experience.
- Enjoys greenfield projects.
- Terraform proficiencies for managing and hosting databases.
- Experience with Hosting and maintaining ETL and BI tools.
Competitive with employee stock option bonuses.
Decentralized / Remote Environment
ZEBEDEE is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000