Amun is a leading cryptocurrency issuer which aims to make purchasing crypto more
accessible, and efficient.
Under its 21Shares brand, Amun is the world’s largest issuer of crypto exchange-traded
products (ETPs). The 21Shares suite of ETPs has simplified access to crypto for both
institutional and retail investors in the traditional finance community. In a similar fashion,
Amun aims to provide tokens that will make it easy for the crypto community to access
sophisticated strategies that are not otherwise readily available in this space. Amun 21Shares is a
team of entrepreneurs, engineers, and financial product developers who are uniquely
placed to revolutionize cryptocurrency investing through the issuance of our broad range
of tokens. Our goal is to make these tokens present a new paradigm in cryptocurrency
investing and to facilitate their use.
- AWS infrastructure
- Node backend (Typescript, feathersjs)
- Vue and React on the frontend
- Python and Golang in the mix as well
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts.
This hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
Our culture is about diversity, communication, collaboration and education. We are always working together across continents, building amazing experiences and learning along the way.
Key Accountabilities and Scope:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Understanding Blockchain, or at least very curious about Blockchain and willing to learn and keep at the forefront of cryptocurrency continually
- Experience with Financial engineering and financial data – Big advantage
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000