Data is at the core of understanding the complex landscape of MEV and the Flashbots Network. We’re looking for a talented data scientist to join the team and help us answer questions about the Flashbots Network and broader MEV ecosystem. This role will work closely with product leads to generate insights that are key to product development and creating data visualizations for internal and external audiences.
- Analyze on-chain data to understand user behavior and dynamics within the MEV ecosystem
- Measure network performance, help develop core metrics, and create dashboards for both internal and external audiences
- Create and maintain monitoring and data sourcing scripts
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Analyst
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g Python), data visualization, dashboarding
- Ability to independently create plans and execute on them
- Experience with Go
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Ethereum or EVM-based chains
- Experience with geth or other Ethereum clients
- Experience with MEV
- Able to show available open source work
Flashbots is a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum. We are not your typical startup, we are fully remote and our principles are based on that of a pirate hacker collective.
If you are a self-directed individual who puts collective success above your own and are motivated by solving hard problems with asymmetric impact, you will fit right in.
Flashbots inherits the same organizational philosophy as Ethereum itself: open, decentralized, remote only, and roles > titles. Flashbots is a people-centric, mission-driven, results-oriented, experimental organization. We arose from a research collective and believe in individual freedom and self-expression while keeping the interest of the commons in mind.
With the goal of continuing to attract and retain founder-level talent, we have designed a distinctive compensation structure and way of organizing. Flashbots is the first company with an inflationary equity structure, which enables rewarding active, continuous contribution and allowing for retroactive merit-based equity bonuses from annual inflation.
Flashbots Research is an independent arm of the org that aims to become the hub of MEV research and beyond by performing in-house research and collaborating with researchers at other institutions, which we support via an external grants program.
- Competitive salary
- Significantly above market rate equity compensation package
- Additional equity bonuses through meritocratic reward mechanisms
- Option to get paid in crypto
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Help build the future of blockchain technology
- Weekly meetings in the Metaverse
- Attractive health cover package for US employees
- Remote working – travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Paid travel – team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year