Terra’s mission is to set money free. We believe that money is a form of technology that can be innovated on. As a pioneer in monetary technology, we build open infrastructure, rethink monetary policy, and create revolutionary applications that set the stage for open financial platforms.
At its core, Terra is a platform for developers. Developers can build applications on top of the Terra blockchain for countless use cases in crypto, including instant payments using stablecoins, trading synthetic assets, generating savings yields from deposits, recurring payments, and NFTs.
As featured in:
- CoinDesk: Terra Becomes Second-Largest DeFi Protocol, Surpassing Binance Smart Chain
- Fortune: Terra’s Luna coin surges past Dogecoin, Shiba Inu, and Avalanche to become world’s 10th largest coin amid crypto selloff
- TechCrunch: Terra is an ambitious crypto project to build a stable coin through e-commerce
- Fortune: Cryptocurrency Exchanges Back $32 Million Stable Coin Project
Our systems are written in:
- Language: Typescript/React, Rust, Go
- Database: Postgres, RockDB
- Blockchain: Terra (naturally) which uses CosmWasm / Cosmos SDK
About the Role:
The Developer Relations Engineer will act as primary partner of the Ecosystem team for communicating with developers about technical specifications for Terra. Growing the number of developers building on Terra is crucial to the success of the ecosystem. This role is an opportunity to be an early member of the Developer Relations team.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Use and publish open source software for the Terra developer community
- Identify common developer implementation patterns and pain points. Address them in new and existing public documentation.
- Conduct user interviews with current developers to identify successful training tactics and collaboration patterns.
- Identify content gaps based on developer needs and existing resources.
- Prioritize new content creation and manage multiple streams of content in process.
- Become fluent across the full stack of Terra production products and supporting platforms and services.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams.
You will find it easier to do your job if you have the following qualities. Needless to say, none of these qualities supersede your intellectual and professional curiosity:
- Comfort with programming in Typescript/React, Rust, and/or Go.
- Building large scale services that operate in a distributed environment
- Public cloud experience (Ideally AWS)
- Blockchain development experience preferable (smart contracts, oracles) preferred
- Experience developing systems in financial markets (e.g. custody, yield bearing instruments, options, treasury, dealing desk areas) preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment as a self-starter is a must
- A team-player mentality. Development is a team sport here.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Clear and succinct communication is very important.
- Experience in scoping and executing on projects that involve multiple stakeholders
Related Jobs (25)
Software Engineering Manager, Audio and Camera on March 13, 2022 Full Time
Neuromotor Interfaces: Computational Modeling (PhD) on December 13, 2021 Full Time
Senior Program Manager – Mixed Reality on December 11, 2021 Full Time
Unity Developer on December 11, 2021 Contract
Software Engineer on December 10, 2021 Full Time
System Software Engineer – CUDA Driver on December 10, 2021 Full Time
Senior AI Platform Engineer on December 10, 2021 Full Time
Senior System Software Engineer, Display Driver on December 10, 2021 Full Time
AR/VR Graphics Engineer on December 10, 2021 Full Time
AR/VR Graphics Software Engineer on September 9, 2021 Full Time