Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Safety is Roblox’s #1 Priority. As a Director of Product for the Trust and Safety Group, you will be responsible for ensuring that Roblox remains a safe place for all ages to create, socialize, and share in play and immersive entertainment. You will work closely with executive leadership, policy teams, operations teams, and the product / engineering teams across the Group and company. You’ll help influence our policy for what’s allowed in the metaverse, and be responsible for carrying out the strategy and execution.
You are and have:
- Domain experience managing teams that deal with User Generated Content (UGC)
- Passionate about defining what Safety means for our users, both under the age of 13 and over.
- Able to analyze complex (multi-dimensional) solution trade-offs and present alternatives that would satisfy solution requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes.
- Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch.
- Strategic orientation coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude and an ability to contribute to product design, execution, and all things go-to-market.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- A team of 3 PMs, growing to 4-5 in the next year
- Build overall safety strategy, including what the future of safety will look like in the metaverse
- Own complicated, industry-leading challenges, like how to create a trusted and safe environment for kids while the metaverse ages up
- Create tools and infrastructure that will help the our moderators and contractors around the world keep Roblox safe
- Integrate Safety Tools across the product, including working cross-functionally with groups like Avatar, Game Engine, Developer, and Social
- Own Roblox-unique challenges like parental controls, multiple user personas, and more.
- Build systems that ban bad actors and spammers
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar