Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Developed to solve the inefficiencies seen in traditional systems, Maple brings the corporate credit market 100% on-chain using smart contracts to remove time and cost frictions, and executed on blockchains for immutability.
Maple Finance is infrastructure for experts (pool delegates) to run on-chain lending businesses, and have three core customers Borrowers, Lenders and Pool Delegates. Maple offers Borrowers transparent, capital-efficient financing. For Lenders, Maple offers a sustainable yield source through lending to diversified pools of crypto’s premium institutions. Loans are managed and underwritten by sophisticated teams of credit analysts called Pool Delegates, who assess credit-worthiness and set loan terms with Borrowers.
Today the Maple team is 30+ strong, with staff from BlockFi, Kraken, Meta, Bank of America, Gemini and MakerDAO to name just a few blue-chip orgs. Team profiles are shared on our site here!
Competitive Salary + Token Allocation | Full Time | Contract | Remote anywhere in US
The Head of Capital Markets role calls for an established Crypto Finance sales SME and Leader. A self-starter who wants talented individuals to buy into a shared mission to build the future of capital markets. The successful candidate will likely have experience in both crypto and TradFi front-office roles in trading, investments, capital markets advisory or institutional business development in which they demonstrated a capacity for generating deal-flow and strong relationships. You’ll have already made the move into the Crypto markets and demonstrated success in building and leading an institutionally focused sales team.
The Head of Capital Markets will play an integral role in helping Maple to grow by establishing new partnerships which bring lending capital, blue chip borrowers and new asset managers to our platform. In this role you will be required to explore for opportunities, sell our vision, and represent our trusted institutional brand.
You’ll be leading an exceptional team of collaborators with a superb pedigree of experience who are at a variety of experience levels on this exciting journey to transform global capital markets.
- Develop a sales strategy and roadmap based on competitor analysis and set short and long term goals and KPIs to achieve this.
- Implement best practice pipeline and CRM management techniques to maintain high performance sales culture and conversions. Own the sales process to ensure the best customer experience and response;
- Drive partnership conversations at the executive and leadership team levels of companies.
- Hire, coach and develop Maple’s sales team with formal and informal training to build capability.
- Coordinate cross functional initiatives with Maple’s marketing, legal, growth and engineering units as part of the Leadership Team.
- Be a subject matter expert on the needs of our users and how they can be addressed by Maple’s institutional term lending product and decentralized yield opportunities
- Experience in capital markets, venture, trading, or institutional sales..
- Established network of professional relationships within crypto (HFT traders, hedge funds, VCs) as well as TradFi (family offices, macro and credit funds)
- Practiced at presenting pitches related to investment, M&A, equities, fixed income etc
- Creativity and flexibility when exploring opportunities and prospecting, paired with an independent style of working and entrepreneurial mindset
- Prior experience managing and leading a sales team, including hiring, setting KPIs and coaching and mentoring.
What’s in it for you
- Base salary paid in your choice of crypto (USDC) or local fiat currency, plus performance-based component in USDC/fiat;
- MPL token allocation, giving you a alignment with Maple’s long term success
- 30 days paid time off per year
- Fully remote and flexible working giving you the autonomy to live and work your way
- Optional access to shared working space at your local WeWork or equivalent
- Contract or full time employment opportunities including all local statutory benefits
- Fully transparent and collaborative team culture
- Funding for personal skills development
- Annual team offsite events
- Help define the future of Maple and be part of the vision to expand the digital economy
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000