Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Want to build the future of the Internet? Akash Network is developing the world’s first and only decentralized cloud computing marketplace, enabling any data center to become a cloud provider by offering unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace.
As more of our work and play moves to the cloud, we are materializing the vision of the first decentralized cloud in an industry projected to reach $370 billion by 2022. Join the team enabling the builders of the future with greater access and freedom to expand the human experience. Our team includes renowned opensource and blockchain developers and seasoned experts from leading technology and platform companies.
We are a distributed and growing team, and you will find more ownership, flexibility, and freedom at Akash than at other companies. We offer a competitive salary, remote work, unlimited vacation, and unparalleled growth opportunities at the intersection of blockchain, cloud, and Web 3.0.
We are looking for an experienced, insightful, forward-thinking leader with a strong ability to design and execute products that power the Akash economy.
You will play a key role in reimagining Akash’s utility and growth by overseeing our talented team of engineers and shipping transformative products and features that best serve the Network’s community and the enterprise.
- Be responsible for managing product roadmap, priorities, and growth targets
- Drive product requirement definitions, product planning, and product design (including writing PRDs) of new features and enhancements
- Construct holistic, well defined and clear documentation that includes but not limited to user stories and business opportunities
- Identify success metrics for new and existing products
- Work closely with Developer Relations, Business Development, Marketing, and Engineering teams to grow adoption and maximize user retention
- Translate technical features/milestones into product content alongside the marketing team
- Define hypotheses for product and feature enhancements; emphasis on iterative research and execution
- Publish well-written and compelling thought leadership content
- Conduct user research, analyze, and present insights to stakeholders
- Consistently engage the user community to gain meaningful insights
- Conduct competitive research and analysis
- Effectively lead a remote-first product team
- 8+ years of hands-on engineering experience
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience
- Prior experience with product market entry, i.e. pre-product-market-fit
- Familiarity with A/B testing experiments and competitive analysis and user research
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Communications, or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (2-3 writing samples will be required)
- Strong record of launching and supporting end-to-end product delivery and lifecycles
- Demonstrated success driving product adoption through iterative development
- Ability to balance design and technical tradeoffs and find creative ways of solving customer needs
- Familiarity with Agile, Scrum, and Lean methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity and execute with limited direction
- Exceptional project and timeline management skills
- Strong attention to detail, entrepreneurial, growth mindset, and the ability to solve complex problems, pivot, and timebox
- Strong Product Prototyping and mockup skills
- Familiarity with using Github and markdown
- Comfort with using command line tools
- Fundamental understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Prior experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud platforms, enterprise software requirements, deployments, and security
- Experience and passion for building decentralized applications and organizations
- Good understanding of all things “cloud infrastructure” – container-based architectures like Kubernetes, optimization, and scalability
- Notable opensource contributions, preferably in GitHub
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000