ZEBEDEE is a payment platform for virtual worlds. We build software developer kits to enable true in-game commerce using globally interoperable digital value protocols. Virtual worlds need the native currency of the internet. With one foot in the gaming industry and another in Fintech – we bridge the divide to the next payment frontier. Come and join us!
Global video gaming and interactive media is a $100bn revenue industry growing at 10%+ per annum, driven by microtransactions. ZEBEDEE allows new types of monetisation models for both game developers and gamers. We are not just another payment service provider. We are building the infrastructure that will enable new types of behaviours and activities in gaming environments using Bitcoin as the payment rail.
We are looking for a Lead QA Engineer to join the ZEBEDEE Engineering team working to build and expand the QA team of engineers and testing solutions in the ZBD platform and product suite. You will lead a team of engineers and be the owner of the overall QA strategy for our product suite, directly impacting business and product decisions. You will work very closely with the CTO and VP of Engineering, as well as other heads of teams to develop a thorough company-wide testing suite.
Responsibilities will be variable and will depend on the specific project currently being worked on, but will typically include:
- Work alongside the CTO, VP of Engineering and the Operations team to execute on a hiring plan for building out the QA Engineering team.
- Building test plans for new product features and improving existing product test plans and pipelines based on upcoming feature updates and customer feedback.
- Statregize and oversee the execution and creation of pipelines for all of the products in the ZBD suite, including iOS, Android, Web and Desktop apps.
- Own the QA portion of all product features through inception, design feedback, implementation, and deployment.
- Lead and manage a team of QA engineers working across multiple projects and products with different focus areas (cross-platform, testing, mobile apps, etc).
- Work side-by-side with Infrastructure engineers to automate the many testing pipelines for the platform.
- Work closely with other Engineering team leads, Product Managers, and Business Managers to help scale and improve the user flows and feature set on the ZBD product suite.
- Take ownership over the technical direction of QA initiatives and efforts in the ZBD platform.
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams on developing production digital products and including testing and monitoring, ideally in a quality assurance focused team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience automating end-to-end, integration, and UI tests for iOS, Android, Web and Desktop clients.
- You are self-driven and self-motivated.
- Experience with API tools including Postman, Newman, Proxyman.
- Familiarity with consumer centric app testing.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in fast-paced environment.
- Experience with automated test tools such as Testing Library and Selenium
- Self-drive to improve the ZBD platform’s experience above and beyond.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with Bitcoin and Lightning Network software.
- Experience building automated systems for improving team-wide performance and development velocity.
Competitive with employee stock option bonuses.
Decentralized / Remote Environment
ZEBEDEE is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.
Offered Salary$65,000 - $95,000
Related Jobs (25)
Software Engineering Manager, Audio and Camera on March 13, 2022 Full Time
Neuromotor Interfaces: Computational Modeling (PhD) on December 13, 2021 Full Time
Senior Program Manager – Mixed Reality on December 11, 2021 Full Time
Unity Developer on December 11, 2021 Contract
Software Engineer on December 10, 2021 Full Time
System Software Engineer – CUDA Driver on December 10, 2021 Full Time
Senior AI Platform Engineer on December 10, 2021 Full Time
Senior System Software Engineer, Display Driver on December 10, 2021 Full Time
AR/VR Graphics Engineer on December 10, 2021 Full Time
AR/VR Graphics Software Engineer on September 9, 2021 Full Time