With 21% of America owning crypto currencies and 4% now owning NFTs, people everywhere are choosing a decentralized internet full of possibilities. Metaplex Studios is bringing to life these possibilities for our growing community through the Metaplex NFT Standard. Since our June 2021 launch, Metaplex is already one of the most popular ecosystems for makers to launch NFTs.
- 5.7M NFTs minted
- 85k projects in gaming, arts & collectibles, marketplaces, developer tools, and beyond
- Metaplex is 99% market share for Solana NFTs
And, we’re just getting started. Come onboard and be a part of internet history as we define the next generation of user experiences on Web3 and empower innovation in a trustless world through the Metaplex Protocol and NFTs.
How will millions of internet users benefit from a new decentralized web? As Senior Android Engineer, you’ll be instrumental in bringing the NFT revolution to hundreds of millions of people on mobile. Your efforts will help empower our community as they invent the future of media, gaming, music and more using the Metaplex Protocol through SDKs, developer tools, and consumer features. Your work will also define the concept of ownership using NFTs on web3.
Because of your position on the engineering team, the Metaplex Team will look to you to understand our code base, map out what’s possible, and contribute to roadmap discussions. You’ll work closely with ecosystem developers and Metaplex Studios Product, Design, and Community teams. The choice is yours! Travel to developer events to evangelize Metaplex (ie, Art Basel Miami) or Solana Hacker Houses or meet with VIP partners in gaming, sports, and media. The team will support you and we’re excited for where the adventure takes you!
What You’ll Do
- You’ll own the Metaplex Android stack and make important architecture decisions.
- You’ll work cross-functionally on product evolution from ideation, design, architecting systems, and process.
- Partner with product managers, designers, and community developers to understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs. You also have the opportunity to tap into our Community on Discord and at IRL events to gather additional feedback.
- Produce quality work with thorough collaborative code reviews, cross-device compatibility testing & bug fixing processes.
- Collaborate with the Design team and create responsive, modern components and optimize site & navigation content for mobile devices.
- As Metaplex Studios just formed in August, we’ll need you to advocate for team process and company culture (ie, mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- Work in an agile environment with a team of developers and interact with stakeholders, business owners, designers, compliance, and QA
- Stay current on Android development, announcements from Google, and support the team in direct meetings with Google.
- A minimum of 3+ years experience building Android applications, expert knowledge of Java, and a portfolio of applications available for download from the Play Store. A four year degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is also preferred but not required.
- Understanding of how to optimize performance of Android applications and updating code bases for subsequent Android versions.
- Ability to leverage Android UX as well as customized UX when the experience calls for it.
- You are great at working with backend and API teams — going the extra distance to spec how the interface works.
- Capable of diving into the source code of front-end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary
- You care about the quality of systems and will pitch-in to help debug and fix performance issues when the situation calls for it.
- You’re passionate about crypto and NFTs and always willing to learn!
- Lastly, and most importantly, your excitement to bring innovation in a trustless world makes you inherently a beacon of positivity for our team and our community.
These are for full-time employees
- Remote organization. Work anywhere in the US.
- Your monthly health care premium is covered
- $4k stipend for technology
- Your own NFT avatar when you join
- Hang out with your team at crypto conferences and hacker off-sites
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, sexuality, and metaverses to apply.
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000
Related Jobs (25)
Software Engineering Manager, Audio and Camera on March 13, 2022 Full Time
Neuromotor Interfaces: Computational Modeling (PhD) on December 13, 2021 Full Time
Senior Program Manager – Mixed Reality on December 11, 2021 Full Time
Unity Developer on December 11, 2021 Contract
Software Engineer on December 10, 2021 Full Time
System Software Engineer – CUDA Driver on December 10, 2021 Full Time
Senior AI Platform Engineer on December 10, 2021 Full Time
Senior System Software Engineer, Display Driver on December 10, 2021 Full Time
AR/VR Graphics Engineer on December 10, 2021 Full Time
AR/VR Graphics Software Engineer on September 9, 2021 Full Time