Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 180 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Roblox’s engineering team is growing rapidly and we are seeking an engineering leader to help us scale. As a Senior Engineering Manager in the Developer group focusing specifically on our Creator Cloud – Creator Content you will lead both the technical and organizational vision of how creator content will be ingested, stored and indexed on the Roblox platform. Our vision is to make all user generated content universally accessible, for developers, and for users. You will own multiple critical features such as storing the contents efficiently and providing low latency accessible to those contents. The content platform is one of the highest scale systems in Roblox and being used by over 3 million Roblox creators every month.
At Roblox we move fast and ship code to production daily; your leadership will increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. You will identify and mitigate risk and make sure the technology outpaces our growth. Roblox teams are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership over the things they build. If you have a desire to grow and learn, you will fit right in with our highly-skilled and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Battle ready: You have experience defining architecture for millions of users and are excited about technical challenges. You can be hands on and still define an architecture from scratch and make sure it can scale from few users to hundreds of millions.
- Experienced: You have 10+ years of experience in large scale software deployments with a proven track record of leading large teams (15+) and delivering highly performant technical solutions. You own a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of all the components required to build modern large scale infrastructure. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to consensus. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves.
- Versatile: You’re a jack of all trades and you have mastered several languages and technologies already; you can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises and come up with the right solution.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- Team-oriented: You have a personality that invigorates the team around you and you are used to leading technical teams in any situation.
- Grow our organization by attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry.
- Become an expert on our technology stack and make sure we solve problems in the right way.
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to realize the research efforts into the Roblox products.
- Author specs for new features and improvement.
- Lead other engineers by example and through technical direction.
- Collaborate with different teams to improve existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 130 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Experience8 Years +
Related Jobs (28)
Software Engineering Manager, Audio and Camera on March 13, 2022 Full Time
Neuromotor Interfaces: Computational Modeling (PhD) on December 13, 2021 Full Time
Social Media & Newsletter Manager on December 13, 2021 Full Time Remote
Technical Writer on December 11, 2021 Full Time
Senior Program Manager – Mixed Reality on December 11, 2021 Full Time
Unity Developer on December 11, 2021 Contract
Software Engineer on December 10, 2021 Full Time
System Software Engineer – CUDA Driver on December 10, 2021 Full Time
Senior AI Platform Engineer on December 10, 2021 Full Time
Senior System Software Engineer, Display Driver on December 10, 2021 Full Time