We are looking for a DeFi Software Engineer who has a deep understanding of blockchain and is curious about algorithmic trading. At Wintermute, you will have the opportunity to develop your own product (trading algorithms, trading strategies, trading applications, potentially new trading products, and related infrastructure), while also getting advice and guidance from very experienced developers and traders, including the management team. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you’ll learn at an unprecedented speed! No legacy systems, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals. It is up to you to make an impact! You will work alongside exceptionally sharp DeFi experts, cefi developers and traders, learn how to write fail-safe code and squeeze every millisecond of program performance, a real challenge and a rare opportunity!
What will you work on
A great advantage of this position is that it is varied and it is also up to you to shape it in the direction that matches your talents and company needs. Projects may include: connecting to a new DeFi protocol or new blockchain (e.g. Solana), designing and building a new smart contract,, owning development for a specific protocol or DEX exchange and liaising with traders to maximize return on capital and maintain our competitive edge. You will be tracking all major developments for the particular chains, assessing and executing trading opportunities, generating insights, prioritizing them and building a solution from scratch. We will share more technical details in the interviews. The point is: there is no limit set by the company!
Hard skill requirements
- Deep understanding of data types and algorithms – we will test!
- Understanding of blockchain, smart contracts, Ethereum and decentralized protocols,
- Knowledge of other chains (Solana, Polkadot) is an advantage
- Programming fundamentals (in C++, C#, Java, OOP)
- Blockchain fundamentals (consensus, nodes, miners, forks, transactions, web3)
- 2-3 years development on integrating/working on DeFi projects and protocols is an advantage, but if you are a self-taught genius or a DeFi enthusiast working on own projects, that may work too
- Trading knowledge isn’t required but willingness and curiosity to learn algorithmic, high-frequency, quantitative, market making trading is crucial
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would be unlikely at any other project or trading firm
- A unique opportunity to join one of the strongest and most successful DeFi teams globally
- With Wintermute you don’t make a bet on a single product, platform, chain or technology; we’ll win if DeFi wins as a whole
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A cool office in central London & Singapore with a sci-fi touch
- Although we prefer London or Singapore based candidates and support relocation, we are open to remote candidates; for office candidates, we offer flexibility to work from home about 50% of the time; we support some working hour flexibility
- Weekly team events, such as team lunches, team dinners, team board games and Dota playing sessions; these are not obligatory in any sense, but this is what we like to do
- Aligned incentive structure: a significant part of your compensation is similar to that of owners – significant performance-based variable pay and the best thing – your contribution directly impacts both and the upside is unlimited
- We offer standard perks too, like pension, private health insurance, free food and office gym, but that’s probably not the right reason to join us
- We offer UK work permits and help in relocation
Write to us if you
- Love coding, love problem solving, and love seeing your products work
- Love building things
- Curious about algorithmic trading and financial markets
- Determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Like working like an owner, not 9-to-5 or contractor mentality
- Ideally like working in the team environment (not fully remote), at least half-time working from our London or Singapore office but we are also open to candidates who wants to work fully remotely
Tips for a successful application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role and DeFi space; this is not for someone who is just looking for “a job”
- Do some research: look at our website and social media channels
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you’d like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in DeFi in general and in Wintermute in particular. Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions!
- If you don’t have an obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant (but note, we do require deep blockchain development expertise)
- Prepare to be tested on your blockchain knowledge. We do not care as much about your credentials (university or prior employer), but we care a lot about your knowledge and ability to get things done
- Unfortunately, we won’t be able to proceed if you simply press “submit button”; we do promise to reply to everyone who puts time and effort in making the application relevant!
Offered Salary$65,000 - $95,000
Related Jobs (25)
Neuromotor Interfaces: Computational Modeling (PhD) on December 13, 2021 Full Time