Within the next decade, investing will be decentralized, democratized, and community-driven. Syndicate is building the infrastructure to enable this at scale—we’re developing decentralized investing and social networking protocols, advanced legal tech solutions, and a next-gen social networking platform that empowers communities to raise, coordinate, and invest capital like never before.
Founded in Jan 2021, we’ve raised over $20M from values-aligned leaders who represent a diverse array of industries and communities, including firms like Andreessen Horowitz and its Cultural Leadership Fund, IDEO CoLab Ventures, Variant, Electric Capital, and over 200 others. We’ve also partnered with and received investment from over 100 community partners.
Our first product allows anyone to start an investing syndicate on the Ethereum for just the cost of gas. The typical fees to set up an investing syndicate average $12,000 which allows us to be up to 1,200x less expensive than traditional methods. We’re using public blockchain technology to expand access to venture capital for entrepreneurs around the world because we believe that venture capital should be widely available rather than only accessible in a small handful of cities.
We’re a Remote-First Company
We’re proud to be a globally distributed company that’s remote forever. Many companies have had to adopt remote work, but you could say we were born into it. That keeps things simple and efficient—you can work from almost anywhere, without worrying about a commute, rigid schedule, or retrofitting old processes into new ways of working.
We’ve built a top-notch remote culture that includes things like a home office stipend, travel reimbursement, and unlimited time off, regular in-person meetups around the world (including at least once a year where we fly the whole company out to a shared summit), and many more benefits to help you do your best work wherever you are.
For most roles, we welcome applicants from anywhere in the world as long as the hours you choose overlap with the Pacific US timezone for meetings.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Syndicate, we’re building a fundamentally revolutionary product—one that promises to democratize finance in a way never before attempted. That starts with a diverse, inclusive, affirming, and welcoming team. We are deeply committed to these principles as a core value, and proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you’re a member of an underrepresented or marginalized group, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We are seeking an experienced Solidity engineer to help us design and deploy our next generation of smart contracts. You will work closely with Syndicate’s co-founders, engineering leads, and partners to prototype smart contracts that extend our core architecture as well as lead efforts to upgrade and optimize our contracts on mainnet. Security is critical, so a strong attention to detail is a must.
We welcome applicants from anywhere in the world, but given the collaborative nature of Solidity engineering the hours you choose must overlap with San Francisco’s and New York’s time zones.
- Prototype greenfield smart contract designs that enhance the capabilities of Syndicate’s core tooling
- Identify opportunities to upgrade and optimize existing protocol and lead the upgrade process end to end
- Write tests and formal verification proofs for smart contracts
- Build integrations with Syndicate’s partners
- Consult on and help build out Syndicate’s off-chain infrastructure
- At least 1 year (2+ years preferred) of demonstrable experience designing, writing, and deploying high-quality Solidity contracts
- Ability to appropriately scope and rapidly prototype complete feature sets given a high degree of autonomy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: can effectively explain engineering decisions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Prior engineering work on security-focused projects
Nice to Haves:
- Understanding of various DeFi protocols and the implications of contract interactions (relevant to future integrations with partners)
- Experience with Web2 technologies and frameworks like serverless backends, GraphQL, JWTs, etc
Offered Salary$95,000 - $135,000
Related Jobs (25)
Neuromotor Interfaces: Computational Modeling (PhD) on December 13, 2021 Full Time