In Mixed Reality, people – not devices – are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together – whether that is colleagues brainstorming around a giant digital whiteboard, scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we are incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies. Mixed Reality is a growing team of Content Developers putting technology on a human path across all devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe Mixed Reality technology empowers every person and organization to achieve more. If you do too, we need you!
We are looking for a Technical Writer with a passion for mixed reality products. A love for learning and teaching others, with adaptability and growth mindset will enable the evolution of the next generation of computing.
Our goal as the Mixed Reality Content & Learning team is to influence customer and device adoption across a range of developers, IT pros, and end users.
Our passion lies in creating an approachable, inclusive customer journey that highlights the portfolio of MR products – across Mesh, HoloLens, AltspaceVR, Windows Mixed Reality, and Azure mixed reality services.
- You will own docs.msft for a given mixed reality product area, collecting requirements, networking with stakeholders, and leveraging technical writing skills to create new content
- Create new Learn modules and paths on Microsoft Learn, driving the future of modularized learning for our end users, developers, IT pros, and personas of the future.
- Monitor and triage internal and external data sources, including Customer Support, GitHub, Reddit, and User Research studies.
- Ensure timely shipping of content on Mixed Reality-owned GitHub repositories and API reference for Samples, Documentation, and more.
- Assist with centralizing new content towards Docs.msft to improve customer experience.
- Create net new content through your own ideation processes
- Collaborate with design teams, engineers, PMs, and sales/marketing to improve the docs.
- 3+ years writing technical documentation or training for business and/or technical users.
- Customer Empathy: Experience in driving customer conversations to solicit unbiased feedback.
- IT Pro Empathy: Experience with information technology.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Excellent design and problem-solving skills.
- Portfolio of writing samples for review
- Experience working through a minimum of one complete product cycle (from initial design through post-release maintenance).
- 1+ year experience building and prototyping applications or scaled device deployments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Offered Salary0- $45,000